Tuesday, March 07, 2006

"Trey" Bien



It was ON last night… And, even though this wasn’t the Thursday YMCA league, I have decided to drop a post in here!!

This was my “other” league - in Stoneham. This one is a 5 on 5 league and the competition is pretty stiff. I play with Stretch and some of the guys from our Thursday-night nemesis, Howse Corp. We have a solid all-around team and play pretty well together. We are all in good shape and like to run and shoot.

Anyhooo, we were playing the Sharks, which is a pretty good team with two big guys who clog up the middle pretty well. I would guess that one is 6’6”, a little goofy, but effective. The other is 6’5”, but w-i-d-e… like a older-white-balding Robert “Tractor” Trailor type.

The Sharks dropped into the obligatory “I’m-35-and-don’t-do-man-to-man-defense-anymore” extended 2-3 zone, and we start to pick ‘em apart right from the beginning. We set up a guy at the free throw line and just started whipping the ball around. We didn't break out into a lead right away, but it was imminent.

Why am I writing this stupid post about myself, you ask?? Well, it’s because I made my first three… which was a good 3 feet behind the line. And, even though I haven’t played much since Max was born, I decided that it felt pretty good. I ended up making another 3 or so in the first half, and I can’t remember any of them being right on the line. I was pulling up from 3-4-5 feet behind the line… no lie – Ask Stretch.

I made another 3 or 4 in the second half too… It felt good sucking the air out of their defenders. It felt good when they changed to a box-and-1 and we promptly ripped open a 15 point lead because the middle was so open. It just felt good.

We ended up winning 79-71, but it was never close in the second half. It was a nice win for us… and a fun game for me. That’s all. Pattin' myself on the back... And, givin JJ some props for being the best shooter I have ever seen (even though he stuggled against UNC).

It's my blog - so I can do that.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cap'n, do you have any opinions on French onion soup? Thanks.

7:07 PM  
Blogger Cap'n Mike said...

Ol' Boy, is that you? Let me get back to you on French Onion Soup... thank you for your support.

9:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home